About two and a half years ago, I started attending River of Life Church in Crawfordville, Florida. My daddy was saved there and I found my new "crew" of life long friends. This past weekend I was able to cherish more beach memories at Cape San Blas with the Gray Family as well as Jake & Ashley too. Like any other weekend it was random, I got stuck in sand on the way down and it took 5 hours instead of 2 for me to arrive. Friday night Ashley & I decided we wanted to put on makeup, get ready and take a drive to Panama City, about an hour and a half away. No big deal right? Pier Park is an amazing place to shop and we were craving Ice Cream. Josh Gray thought we were nuts, he has been away attending college in Lynchburg so he has missed out on our many adventures. Him being our protective friend was surely surprised when we arrived and weren't meeting a guy and only there to eat ice cream. It was definitely a memorable trip of singing and laughs.

I am leaving behind so many things, my parents first and foremost have taught me so much. My mom growing up is a huge reason of why I am who I am today. She is the strongest, most independent women I know. She is bound and determined to have a way to accomplish anything. She has taught me to be independent yet I am sure she doesn't like how outspoken I am, but it sets us apart. My daddy took me in as his own, he has loved me and disciplined me no different than my sister who is his biological child. I love him for that. He always makes me laugh and gives the best hugs. I can honestly say that I can look at my parents every day and tell how much they love each other, our family & Jesus. I thank them for being the example they are to me. Growing up we didn't always have money, but I never went without. I always was able to play whatever sport I desired, attend camp, and go shopping. Sometimes I got less of things, but love was never one of them. Parents are truly a blessing beyond any gift, and I think I got the golden prize!

My Sister & Bubba are wonderful. I can name vivid pictures of life and what I remember growing up. Singing in the car; I always was louder than the radio. I am always the baby, yet both of them are so very protective. I want to thank each of you & my little coco (Tristan) for all you have done. You would go to bat for me if I needed it. None of us have always made the brightest decisions, but family always has come first. I am going to miss you both very much.

Leaving doesn't mean I am gone forever that is what I keep telling myself. This journey has yet to start. Its going to have an amazing end to it. I have already met so many influential people along the way & I am excited to be able to share this opportunity with my family & friends. Sad of course to say goodbye to my work family, my church family, and friends. But this isn't goodbye, its I will see you again.


No comments:
Post a Comment