Monday, July 19, 2010

36 Days

As time approaches closer to move in day, I am anxious, scared, excited, and more. I keep purchasing more things to decorate our room, from shower curtains, to fabric to cover the ugly brown furniture they supply us with. In reality I have realized, it isn't about decorating or having the cutest room. Bottom line, this journey is about education and living my life apart from this world. Trevecca will give me the opportunity to meet new people with the similar goals and views to live for Jesus.


A few weeks ago, I was able to spend my weekend at the beach with my suitemate Marissa & her boy friend Jeremy. Each of them have so much to offer and I am thankful God has blessed me to be apart of their life. When I get scared or need some boost, Marissa has just stepped up and listened and told me its ok, I will meet friends and she will be by my side to show me the do's and don'ts at Trevecca. I am thankful to have them coach me along and be by my side in this process.

This journey is definitely bitter sweet. I am sad to leave behind the town I grew up in, I was the child that actually enjoyed growing up in the middle of the woods. Having no cell phone service, and the only thing to do on a Friday night is to meet at Walmart and go riding in the woods is something I won't have to look forward to anymore. To other teenagers, this is one boring life, but to me, this is my life. I will miss the spare of the moment game nights, mudding, cooking and swimming with the crew. I will miss my grandma's Sunday lunch, that for so many years I took for granted. I will miss my mom apologizing in the morning to me because I don't like to be talked to but she has a quick question. & my daddy's hugs. Sometimes I think it's the little things in life that mean so much. "The nice part of living in a small town is that when I don't know what I'm doing someone else does."





















No comments:

Post a Comment