Friday, May 6, 2011

The Unexpected Misunderstandings

With school out, I have been able to do so many other things I thoroughly enjoy. I have been able to cook, organize, spend more time with friends and family and less time in the books. Somehow I have more time to STOP and THINK. I put the most popular social network on the back burner for a little while, why? Well, because I tend to look at it and see what everyone is doing, occupy my time when I am bored, but never make that personal connection with those people anymore that needs to be made. Yes, Facebook is amazing and I do LOVE it, but I never pick up the phone when I am thinking of someone I just write on their wall.

So today, I was reading some devotions and pondered the thoughts of Forgiveness. This is something that the Lord gives us, yet when a misunderstanding occurs people contemplate forgiveness longer than the words that caused the problem itself. Don't you hate it when someone talks to you about a problem they had with someone you pray with them about it, you talk to them about it, but yet that void in their life is always guilt, hatred, or bitterness towards someone. They avoid eachother constantly and then when you see them its awkward- although it shouldn't be. Bitterness thrives on the inner man, it's when God can fill the void that person is longing in their life- Grace, Love, Mercy, Joy, and so much more. Hurt can be healed in life but bitterness never goes away. As long as you allow something to affect you every day you are allowing the bitterness of the world and of people take the place of the things the Lord brings to your table and provides. We don't deserve Jesus, we don't deserve His forgiveness, we don't deserve the joy He brings to our lives, but He does it for Love.

I am challenging you to love. Forgive and let go of things in your life that bring you down daily or reoccur during the week. Forgiveness is a hard process but a well needed one to not let your spiritual life suffer. Don't bless someone and curse them at the same time. The same people we pray for salvation for if we are not able to forgive them we are hindering their access for salvation.


Let's get back to doing the Lord's buisness.

Psalm 34:8 (NIV)

Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment