Back in 2008, I was given the opportunity to visit an orphanage in Costa Rica, this is where it all began; the place where two little girls captured my heart. One day I hope I am able to return to this beautiful country and take them home with me. One day.

Today, children that are waiting to be adopted are on my mind. How they feel, what they think and how long they must wait. Josh & I like many of you know sponsor a little girl in Equador and I am thankful that we do, Camila's life is changed by us. We were allowed to make a difference in her life and help her family. But what if she didn't have that option? What if she wasn't given the opportunity to come in contact with the organization we sponsor through?
What if you were always picked last, what if you weren't picked in school or in church or with your friends. What would you think? Probably that you aren't good enough or worthy enough. I pray that children waiting today will be touched by the hand of God. I pray we as the church will step up and act. I have to pray that as frugal as I am with my money that I continue to give, that I don't just let my money sit in the bank. Yes, it is important to pay my bills and yes it is important to save for the future. But I must remember, the Lord has called me to minister to those less fortunate than me. I don't want to be one who doesn't tithe, doesn't reach out to touch children's lives, and doesn't help like the Lord has called each of us to do. Maybe adoption isn't for you, maybe helping a child isn't what you are called to do, but help someone around you. Send them a note of encouragement, pick up the phone or write a letter. Let someone know you care!
To me, looking in the face of a child I see Jesus. He makes them worthy, each of us are created just like He intended for us to be. I am thankful for families that reach out to touch and let their light shine on children that may have been chosen LAST. Thanks, a big special thanks to the Lewis Gang! I am thankful to this family, over the last few years I have watched their lives be transformed through adoption. I have watched them be shine a light on the many children out there that would have been CHOSEN last, yet they saw JESUS in the child/children's faces and MADE THEM FAMILY !!! You have taught me much !!!
There are so many amazing treasures out their waiting to be chosen, waiting to be paid attention too. I encourage you to do that, pray and find where your strengths are and encourage someone.


I love this post Brittany. You are such an inspiration to me. Check out this link. My son Adam in Kansas City, MO is ministering to the orphan and is in the process of adopting 3 children. http://orphanjusticecenter.com/
ReplyDeleteBe blessed. See you soon.
I love that Janice! Thank you, and that means more grands for you :)
ReplyDeleteBrittany, I have posted for you!
ReplyDelete