March 2, 2002, nine years ago was one of the hardest days of my life. My grandmother past away from a long hard battle of Ovarian Cancer. She was so much to all of us, and upheld so many roles never failing any of us. I have so many memories that I will cherish of her. My grandmother was a Certified Decorative Artist, and was an art teacher. She was an active member of Tallahassee Heights United Methodist Church. My grandmother has been my inspiration in so many ways. For one I think I look like her, and two she never gave up on me. I had trouble learning as a child and she never turned away. She spent many afternoons tutoring me with math books and Hooked on Phonics. I remember many projects of homemade baked cookies to teach me math, sowing blankets, and of course she always treated me to new clothes when I was able to spend the night with her. She was a dedicated women for the Lord, as well as a mother, friend, teacher, and companion.
Yesterday while at the grocery store checkout line, I glanced at the candy and saw "Snow Caps." I smiled and thought of her, every time she took Cody & I into the movie theaters, my treat was Chick Fil A and Snow Caps.
In the last few semester's of my undergrad, I received a project of creating a "Fake" Elementary school name along with the demographics of the schools, the principles it stood upon as well as many lesson plans. I thought about it and said well, many schools are named after such prestige people, and my grandmother was one of those. Usually schools are named after religious figures, historical figures, or people who achieved greatness in their lifetime. She did all of those, she is my role model in life & if I can achieve half of what she did and still uphold my integrity I will be a wonderful women!
I miss you Grandma, and I will hold you forever in my heart!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


She is looking down at you from heaven.
ReplyDelete